Software Application Engineer – Location – SF Bay Area, CA.
Software Application Engineer (SAE) is responsible for supporting ongoing development of the client facing applications. The position will have direct communication with internal and external teams and customers. The position is responsible for tracking changes, documenting and reporting presenting issues, implements urgent changes required for enabling customer’s applications, escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources.
What you’ll be doing:
- Bring-up and modify customer’s and reference applications to achieve optimal results
- Support multiple mission-critical applications in cloud environments
- Coordinate new solution implementation with engineering teams and customers.
- Demonstrate ability to work on several concurrent projects involving multiple stakeholders executing in a matrix environment
- Communicate deployment and production related activities internally and externally when appropriate
- Coordinate closely on activities, issues, requirements, progress, status, customer management, Engineering, DevOps
What we need to see:
- BSEE or BSCE or similar and at least 4+ years of related industry experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position in hosted and / or cloud environments.
- Proven experience in C programming
- Understanding of Networking protocols
- Advantage for experience in storage related fields
- Experience with monitoring systems reporting tools (e.g. Footprints, Jira).
- Strong communications skills (spoken and written).
- Ability to interface with business and technical management.
- Experience in working in a mission critical environments.
- Experience in working with customers.
- Excellent problem solving, logical, and analytical abilities.