Senior Services Delivery Engineer – Location – Bay Area, CA
About the role
This is a hands-on, client facing, services delivery lead role. You will be responsible for overseeing solution deployment and customer roll-out success for implementation projects. Successful candidates will have prior experience in post-sales services, engineering or customer success roles. Prior software development or support experience with enterprise software is a strong plus.
- Work closely with client stakeholders to determine technical requirements for specific business objectives at hand
- Plan implementation engagements, deploy solution components, and participate in the product configuration efforts in order to meet clients’ specific requirements
- Engage with multi-discipline internal and client teams to ensure smooth rollout of solutions and successful integration within customers’ environments
- Deliver training for respective technologies at an applicable level of depth and detail for a given audience
- Work closely with our Engineering and Product Management teams to document issues, enhancement requests raised in the field, and possible implementation flow improvements
- 4 to 6+ years of professional experience in information technology, with at least 2 years in a customer-facing role – preferably involved hands-on technical activities within enterprise corporate environments
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, or other related technical disciplines. A graduate degree in a technical or business discipline is a strong plus. (Extensive professional experience may be considered in lieu of a formal degree.)
- Meaningful experience with installation, configuration and management of Linux-based Operating Systems, including basic shell proficiency (bash, sh, ksh, tcsk, etc.), experience with package management systems (apt/dpkg, yum/rpm, etc.), file archiving tools (tar, gz, zip, bz2), remote access and file transfer protocols (SSH, SCP, SFTP/FTP), file sharing technology (NFS, CIFS/SMB), and authentication frameworks (LDAP, Kerberos)
- Basic experience with some RDBMS, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, IBM DB2, etc.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills and a methodical approach to issue resolution
- English fluency (written and spoken)
- Basic experience with container frameworks in general, and Docker in particular
- Hands-on experience with no-SQL data-stores (MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB) and/or Hadoop technologies (such HDFS, Hive, HBase, etc.)
- Some background in application development with HTML5, JQuery, web services, etc.