This position is located in SF Bay Area.
Tangent Logic is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing DevOps team on designing and implementing our next generation infrastructure.
- Design, integrate, and deploy infrastructure for rapid application software deployment.
- Work closely with developers to ensure that solutions are designed with scale/performance and operability in mind.
- Establishing operational objectives, strategies and work plans to improve current operations as well as planning for future products and customer requirements.
- Test new technologies and tools in the lab, and decide which can be adopted by the company on a global level.
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of DevOps experience or software development with expertise in Python or Golang
- Proficient in shell scripting, plus know when to stop scripting and start developing
- Experience using configuration management systems: Ansible or SaltStack
- Elegant coding style with sufficient documentation
- Knowledge of key software design principles (separation of concerns, single responsibility, DRY, etc)
- In-depth understanding of Linux architecture, networking and kernel tuning
- Experience using Git for version control
- Hands-on experience with Docker
- Experience with large-scale, highly-available distributed systems and knowledgable on best practices
- Other skills that are a plus!
- ELK stack
- Hadoop and BigData
- Agile software development methodology