This position is located in SF Bay Area.
Tangent Logic is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join our growing team.
- Manage day to day development and production support for a complex and mission critical big data analytics platform
- Deliver engineering architecture and implementation for the data platform including back-end systems, software deployment, quality assurance system stability and site reliability
- Develop and maintain the engineering roadmap while closely working with other stakeholders especially the product management team
- Compile, maintain, schedule, resource, execute prioritized development projects to meet company objectives.
- Work with a team of engineers distributed globally
- Create an engineering culture that promotes high quality software development by following best practices
- Strong, hands-on experience building an advanced data driven system from the ground up and at scale in a cloud environment at scale, ideally on AWS
- Experience building and running big data systems at scale and in production using Hadoop/HBase, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Kibana, AWS or similar systems.
- Experience evaluating and improving modern web based distributed system
- Have deep understanding of how these infrastructure tools work, what sets them apart and when to use (or not use) each.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Related Field
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integration, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools such as JIRA.