DevOps Engineering Manager- Location – Bay Area, CA
Tangent Logic is looking for an DevOps Engineering Manager – to join our growing team.
- Be Technical leadership of the DevOps and SRE team.
- Working with all branches of the business to enable the platform reliability and performance, delivering a reliable and stable platform to clients.
- Conducting regular 1:1 meetings with engineers, providing feedback and mentorship and a career path for growth and productivity.
- Contribute to hiring efforts by interviewing, growing and scaling the team while making sure engineers have all the tools to succeed.
- Communication with all the parts of the business, coordination of big projects and pushing changes through the platform while adopting DevOps culture.
- Individual contributor that can make big changes to the products, while providing the architecture, leadership and technical ability to the rest of the team.
- You are fluent in spoken English. You spend significant time in face-to-face meetings and know how to make your case concisely and clearly.
- You have at least five years of non-managerial technical experience, including mastery of at least one coding language, in-depth knowledge of the software development lifecycle, and familiarity with project management and testing methodologies.
- You have successfully delivered software and/or infrastructure in a complex environment for 5+ years.
- You can write fluent code in a modern language (e.g. Python). You know common frameworks for HTTP (client/server) and database access.
- You understand cloud ecosystems, containerization, and networking. You get that distributed systems come with their own perils
- You have several years of managerial experience, including time spent leading technical projects, conducting one-on-one meetings, and addressing performance problems.